A website blog about papercraft and scale paper model. Model making using paper or card board. Loki Helmet Papercraft. Thursday, 12 July Rauf Raphanus Mask and Costume. E-mail · Print. Download. Loki Helmet Papercraft. Kinda sick of making papercraft after spending 2 weeks trying to build a . some times I just google ‘papercraft loki helmet’ and look up all the.

Author: Migore Tygolkree
Country: Dominican Republic
Language: English (Spanish)
Genre: Photos
Published (Last): 12 December 2004
Pages: 163
PDF File Size: 14.76 Mb
ePub File Size: 17.33 Mb
ISBN: 739-7-61845-398-8
Downloads: 34060
Price: Free* [*Free Regsitration Required]
Uploader: Shakajora

Basically for the hair, I used the v-cuts that I had previously made and made indentations in the Worbla to serve as a guide. To start, I had to size the bracer pieces to my daughter.

Loki Helmet Papercraft

You see, depending on whose cosplay you look at, or which screencap you see online of the actual armor piece, they all seem to be slightly different.

I was lucky enough that one of the comic book shops in the area carries it — so I popped over and picked up a large sheet. The absolute most logical thing ever. After a bit of back and forth with my wife about how overboard we were willing to go with it, we set about making plans.

After nelmet it off, I used the template, drew some sketches to make a more detailed template that matched as closely as my limited skills and timeline could manage the screenshots from the movie, then transferred it and cut the pieces out of craft foam.

In the end, my wife wound up making the majority of the leather and cloth bits jelmet my main focus was on the armor and helmet. I ran out to the hobby shop and picked up some clear resin and a large candy mold sheet helmt was all different gem sizes and shapes.


It was tempting to just make some basic horns and go from there, but the way the horns curve is pretty distinctive and I wanted to replicate it as much as possible.

Seriously, this was taken with a Galaxy S5. After priming, several coats of paint were sprayed. Honestly even the word amateur seems a bit too kind as this was my first real go at doing anything like this using these materials. In retrospect, I should have gotten the quick cure stuff cause the stuff I bought had a 24 hour cure time. Worbla has a pretty rough texture — and obviously armor should ideally be smooth.

Then I cut loads of little pieces of Worbla, heated them up and formed them together like clay and attached them as closely as I could manage over my guidelines. Luckily, everything worked out.

So, to all of you who have inspired, my hat is off to you — and if I ever am lucky enough to meet you, drinks are on me for all your help lokk making my little girl happy! Added 3 drops of green food coloring to the mix and poured the resin into the mold.

First she gathered TONS of reference images and went to the fabric store to purchase a load of green fabric. So, my daughter Lily belmet earlier this year that she wanted to be Loki for Halloween.

I think the end result looks cool, but to be honest it is not anywhere near what the film version has it looking like.

Loki Cosplay – Halloween — Shawn Rabensburg

From the backside of the headpiece this left the heads of the screws visible, but this would later be covered anyway. To begin with, it is super detailed. So right out of the gate, the very first eyelet that I popped in got all mangled and gnarly looking. Secondly, I used eyelets that were too large for the eyelet pliers that I had.


After a ton of looking around online at Lady Loki costumes, I decided on a diadem style of headpiece rather than a full helmet and spent a few hours going back and forth on loku. For those who are unaware, Helnet is a thermoplastic material. The rest of it was magic. Bracer template horrible mobile phone pics, sorry!

Avengers – Loki Helmet Papercraft Free Download

Just try to work quickly because papercrwft cools off pretty fast. This would at least give me some frame of reference for outlining later on when the piece was covered. Gave them about hours time to dry before sanding and it all worked out pretty decently. The shoulder piece was the trickiest part — primarily because I strayed from the formula.

When I finally had the basic shape figured out, I used a bit of craft foam and cut out the template. Considering that none of the pieces of armor that I created were even remotely smooth, the roughness really shows up in the final pieces.